|Ariel Jasper, a member of The Ferret Club of New York City, wrote a letter to New York City's Mayor Bill de Blasio, asking him to legalize domestic pet ferret ownership in NYC. The Mayor and the NYC Department of Health are receptive to the idea, and are considering overturning NYC's ferret ban.|
The Ferret Club of NYC's 2014 Ferret Legalization Efforts: Ariel Jasper (a member of The Ferret Club of New York City) wrote a letter to New York City's Mayor de Blasio, asking him to legalize domestic pet ferret ownership in NYC. News stations all over the globe picked up on the letter, and have been reporting that the Mayor and the NYC Department of Health are receptive to the idea, and are considering overturning NYC's ferret ban.
What YOU can do: If you'd like to see ferrets legalized in NYC, check out the Ferret Club of New York City's Facebook and Twitter pages for the most up to date information on their activities, and coordinate with their efforts. Right now, they have all the right people's attention, and that gives them the best chance for success!
Learn more about the NYC ferret ban and legalization efforts for NYC ferrets:
Current News: Get up to date information on the New York City Ferret ban and
current legalization efforts.
- Council Member Kathryn Freed's bill to re-legalize ferrets: Intro 627-A
- NYC Ferrets owners and the Humane Society file a Lawsuit against the Department of Health
- Help raise money for NYC ferret legalization efforts. Buy a "Do I LOOK like a criminal?!" T-shirt or other products.
- Learn More About Ferrets: Ferret Facts, Excerpts from articles on Domestication by Bob Church, and more.
- Learn More About Ferrets: Thinking about buying a ferret?
- Ban FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions about the NYC ferret ban.
- NYC Department of Health bans ferrets!: How the ferret ban started.
* If you've come to the NYCFerrets.Com website and are reading this text, your browser does not support frames. But don't worry! You can access all the pages on our website through our Sitemap. The links above will only take you to more summaries.