|Ferret Ban FAQs: Answers to Frequently Asked Questions about the New York City ferret ban, including questions relating to permits, Long Island, grandfather clauses, and confiscation.|
FAQs -Frequently Asked Questions about the New York City ferret ban: Ferrets are banned in NYC but they are still legal pets in the rest of New York State. If you live in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island or the Bronx; in Bronx, Richmond, Kings, Queens or New York counties, ferrets are illegal where you live. NYCFerrets.Com has answers to more NYC ferret ban questions including those related to permits, Long Island, grandfather clauses, and confiscation (confiscated ferrets.)
Learn more about the NYC ferret ban and legalization efforts for NYC ferrets:
Current News: Get up to date information on the New York City Ferret ban and
current legalization efforts.
- Ferrets could be legal in NYC by the end of 2014! Read about The Ferret Club of New York City and Ariel Jasper's letter to Mayor de Blasio.
- Council Member Kathryn Freed's bill to re-legalize ferrets: Intro 627-A
- NYC Ferrets owners and the Humane Society file a Lawsuit against the Department of Health
- Help raise money for NYC ferret legalization efforts. Buy a "Do I LOOK like a criminal?!" T-shirt or other products.
- Learn More About Ferrets: Ferret Facts, Excerpts from articles on Domestication by Bob Church, and more.
- Learn More About Ferrets: Thinking about buying a ferret?
- Ban FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions about the NYC ferret ban.
- NYC Department of Health bans ferrets!: How the ferret ban started.
* If you've come to the NYCFerrets.Com website and are reading this text, your browser does not support frames. But don't worry! You can access all the pages on our website through our Sitemap. The links above will only take you to more summaries.